Hi, I am Zach, an established psychologist with years of NHS training and clinical practice, and passionate about supporting people to lead fulfilling lives. I have experience delivering high quality and specialist treatment to people suffering from a wide range of psychological challenges, from general unhappiness to complex mental health conditions. My rigorous training and experience in leading NHS Trusts and my personal commitment to my profession mean that my clients can be confident that they are receiving the highest standard of care, the care they deserve.
Training, Qualifications and Experience
My passion for psychotherapy began during my bachelor studies in psychology and was further developed whilst I was working in the NHS as a mental health practitioner. After obtaining my BSc, I worked in senior positions at third-sector organisations providing psychological support to people struggling from complex mental health difficulties. Soon after, I started a four-year professional Doctorate training in Counselling Psychology.
My work in the NHS, alongside my doctorate studies, led me to specialist training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT). Additionally, I provided supervision to CBT trainees and psychological well-being practitioners and offered workshops to the wider team. Furthermore, I helped to set up diverse psychological services in GP surgeries in East London and participated in service monitoring, evaluating the efficiency of specific therapy interventions.
List of Qualifications
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (PsychD), University of East London
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT), Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy (Levels 1, 2 & 3), Richman EMDR
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), King’s College London
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, Goldsmiths College, University of London
I strongly abide by the ethical framework of the HCPC, BABCP and BPS, and I am committed to continuing professional development and to keeping up to date with research in psychological treatments. I meet regularly with a senior clinical supervisor to review and support my work.
• Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC): PYL38055
• British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP): 140897
• British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Division of Counselling Psychology: 245276